Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blood Donation

Wake up in the morning with a mixture of feeling, feeling great that i have another day to live, feeling tired because of work maybe, feeling on the top of the world because today going to donate blood, feeling scared too because its been long i didn't donate blood.

My attempt to find my blood donation book proven to be in vain. I can't locate any one of my two booklet i have. 1 booklet from GH and one more from PMC

well of i went, to nearby school, catch a light breakfast on my way walking over the pedestrain overhead bridge.

arrive at the school, just to find out that alot of people there! wow, what a great and caring society. I wonder if i need money, will these people donate some for me hahahaha!

ok, went to register... i know that those people from this budhist society did copy my personal details into their record.... haih... i think in the future i will get alot of calls and sms from the soceity i think. well can't help feeling so, because from the amount of info copied from the PPUM blood donation form, its sufficient to bug me..... hmm.... well will see what happen next.

after registration, headed to the second counter to check blood type....... OMG, how come the person who going to poke my finger looks like indon maid? trying not to think too much, i brave myself to surrender my index finger to be sacrifice! ouch! i was feeling very scared because, i really can't help the feeling that this lady knows what she is doin.... well proven to be type B blood as far as i can remember my blood type

carry on to the 3rd counter...hahaha there is this doctor doin interview, asking me some questions bout my health and family background....urm... yea please note that someone near to me did contracted Hep C. The doctor ask me one question after he jot down Hep C "did he survive?"

OMG! my answer for that question was "U think anyone can survive through Hep C?" he gave me a smile and say "No". went on with the blood pressure taking, alamak 130/80 leh...izit because of the thrill being poked by indon look alike lady jz now?
well 130/80 not that bad la.....maybe due to anxious and the walk to the donation center? hmn that doctor did crack some joke, funny thing, is can't afford to laugh..... i didn't even feel like laughing..... and i am laughing now thinking about that situation.

went on to collect my Serum Bag.... or wat so ever it is call..... i notice that malay guy pass me the serum bag inside a container call out my name 3 times! yes 3 times! i wonder why??? i think he knows me....sorry la fren, i can't remember who u are! my bad i have to confess. Oh dear, i dropped the cotton that was used to stop my lancet mark bleeding. Suddenly i was so in shocked. there is this little girl who is one of the volunteer at the blood donation campaign. I think she is primary school. She try to pick up that cotton, luckily i was fast enough.... i stop her from nearing that blood filled cotton. I walk to the trolley and dump it in the yellow bag... yea....the bag that collects blood stained cotton.

I was thirsty, so i ask for water to quench the my thirst....what??? no water for drinking, only have Milo??? aih...apa punya pasal nie?

well proceed to donate blood, the nurse came along and try to find the vein on my left arm... hehehe proven to be hard enough... yea i know...my veins are small around my elbow area. Finally she did manage to find the best among the worse...kekekeke

this time round i find it slow for my blood to fill up the 450ml Serum bag.....

No comments: