Friday, July 11, 2008

5D 4N at Mulu National Park - Day 1

It was just 4.30Am, i was awake and busy loading my stuff into car....making my way to my long awaited holiday gateway.

I went to park my car in PJ and headed to KL Sentral. I was bit late by 5 mins to catch the 5am bus, well boarded the 5.30am bus instead wit SCM, GC, PT, CLL, Vc. And oso an un-intended passenger TP. Wow! early morning saw ghost!

arrived at LCCT, with my jaw ajar like the mulut tempayan!aiyo LCCT was so crowded and suffocating! w/o any wasting time, went on to check in and scan luggage.

Waited for the plane for about 40mins and off i flew to Sarawak! Yea...arrived at Mulu and was greeted by Drinking Water at RM3.00, woaaahhh its like petroleum punya harga!!!!

check in for MAS internal flight. and waiting for the plane to arrive, has a not-so-nice but still edible wat tan hor....well beggar can't be chooser ma....anyway, i can eat one...i am not chooser hahaha

the Fokker arrived! wow wee!! first time in my life boarding a fokker! got propeller...and its noisy too.... and oso not stable...

boarded the plane, packet drinks were served...and 30 mins so so landing time...uih... so fast...not even finish reading the Going PLaces landing liao! arrived at Mulu, and was dumped on a 4 wheel drive and taken a short 3mins drive to the Mulu National Park entrance. Was greeted by Larry, i can defintely sense that Larry is a very warm and kind person as he is very nice to us. Putting aside the fact we are paying, but its seems like Sarawak people always like to welcome people to their place, and eager enough to show us around, and proud of what they are, and what they have!

soon i arrived at the maint entrance. wow it was then i feel myself engulfed by the nature...trees, rivers, caves, mountains every where, minus the regular buildings and traffic jam...
hehehe

The 30 mins fly from Miri, brought me to another world. Its full with trees, mountains, river and sunny day. At first I am so lost at the entrance of the Mulu National park. Seems like I am departed from human civilization, no traffic jam, no cars, no buildings, no sky scrapper. I was stunned and been wondering what in the world I am doing here?

Well the excitement started with me getting my room at the Nationak Park HQ. My room has 4 single beds, with hot shower and air-cond worth RM145.00 per night stay for the whole room. But I wonder why need aircond when we stay in jungle? Well my fellow colleague can't blend in nature, as they are born in KL and they are urban creature. I start to understand and realize how lucky we are indeed.

The tour and excitment begins with a 3KM board walk to 2 caves. My group was lead by a Penan, named Roland... very young looking mid 30s guy... with lots of sense of humor too. I was at the front with Roland most of the time and we were chatting about the forest, about his life in Mulu.... interesting enough he teach me how to scald a monitor lizard and skinning it and putting some spice and herbs on it to prepare fast food! yuksss.....and oso he share with me his secret ular sawa recipe... i almost fainted and he keep on laughing as he can see the reaction on my face.

Along the way, I spotted alot of beatiful creatures. Stick Insect, spiders, hammer head worm, odd colored caterpillars, ants and not to mention sumpah-sumpah with the help from Roland.

Deer Cave and Lang Cave stand mightily awaits its tourist without any complaints welcomes me. in the end of the 3KM walk. The smell of guano reminds me of Gua Tempurung and my own house back in Taiping. Soon it was raining and I was so upset that there is a possibility that the bats are not going to show their aviation skills. Well I sat at the bat watching area, and praying that I could witness the bats exodus to finding their dinner. And when I was about to give up, miracle has its own way to reflects its strength. Millions of bats left the cave into the forest to find their food. Swarming out like giant snake in the air, it is really an eye opener to me. Millions of them, expressing its nature sense by demonstrating several different formations.

Braving myself through the rain, and guided by my empty stomach, I soon gained momentum to endure the 3Km walk back to our room...it was fun and not to mention, thank god got hot shower! wow wee!!! luxurious treatment in the middle of jungle.

No comments: